I was nominated for this lovely award by Nika over at Nika’s Reading List, head on over there and check out her blog!
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Totally Random Facts About Me:
- I enjoy talking a lot, seriously once you get me going it’s hard for me to shut up.
- When I was in the 3rd and 4th grades I won my school’s writing contest! I wrote some short stories about horses, I really like horses obviously.
- My favorite Shakspeare play is “Othello” and Iago was my favorite character.
- I have a weird pen fetish, I like REALLY nice pens and I buy them all the time.
- I hate Walmart with a burning passion, no offense to anybody who likes that store but it’s not for me. I’d much rather do ALL shopping at Target.
- At one point in time my brother owned a pet peacock, it was really awesome and odd at the same time. Peacocks are odd creatures.
- I hate the sport of basketball and I’d much rather watch football (American Football) or baseball. I love the Green Bay Packers and the Minnesota Twins. I LOATH the Minnesota Vikings. I’m all messed up with my allegiances aren’t I ?
- I own TWO e-readers, a Nook Color and a Kindle Paperwhite. One day my Nook decided to be a little shit and not work at all and so I went and bought the new Kindle Paperwhite and then magically the Nook decided to work again. Little shit.
- I can play the flute and a little bit of guitar. I had two years of guitar lessons pretty much and I can barely play. Kind of embarrassing.
- I find it very difficult to write this many facts about myself. That’s a fact.
- If I could pick any car to own I’d want the latest model of Chevrolet’s Camaro.
1.) What is the longest book you ever read?
“A Storm of Swords” by George R.R. Martin, which is the 3rd book in the “A Song of Ice and Fire” series. It’s also actually my favorite book in the series so far.
2.) Do you prefer male of female characters?
I don’t have a preference but since I find I read SO many books with female protagonists, I find it very refreshing to read one with a male for a change.
3.) What’s your favorite classic book?
“Dracula” by Bram Stoker, it’s the only classic I wasn’t forced to read in school plus it’s a horror book.
4.) The movie adaptation of the book is out. If you read the book and liked it, will you watch a movie too?
Heck yes! If I find out there’s a movie coming out that’s based on a book I will go get that book and read it first regardless if I liked it or not. I know, I’m weird.
5.) Where and when do you usually read books?
At my house usually after I’m done with work at 5:00, I like to sit in my bed actually when I read.
6.) If you would have the option to put your name as an author to any book in the world which would this book be?
I most definitely would LOVE to claim George R.R. Martin’s book series “A Song of Ice and Fire”.
7.) Do you write or underline in your books?
NO! I hate to deface my books like that, I need them in perfect shape or I’ll die on the inside.
8.) Is there any particular book you reread multiple times?
Nope, I have too many other unread books to have time to reread any. Although I’ve been thinking recently I would love to reread Richelle Mead’s “Vampire Academy” series and actually review them this time.
9.) If someone wants to borrow a book from you, do you lend it?
Most definitely not, I learned that lesson the hard way when my books started coming back completely bent and out of the shape I like them in. I only borrow books to two people and one is my best friend Stephanie who treats books properly and my cousin Jenna who also cares for my books properly. Anyone else will have to gain my trust.
10.) Is there any particular book or book topic that you refuse to read?
I’ll answer both of these. I refuse to read “The Selection” series, I’m sorry to anybody who enjoys them but I just can’t read them especially after I heard some of the crap the author said on Twitter etc. And as far as a topic in a book I refuse to read any romance books, yes that’s a genre but I’m using it to answer this question. I just don’t like romance, sorry!
11.) How long ago did you start writing a blog?
I started in August of this year! So I’m very new still but I’m loving it so far!
My Nominees (Sorry I just don’t follow that many blogs to do 11 people):
Ariana @ The Quirky Book Nerd
Michelle @ Book Adventures
Anna @ My Bookish Dream
- If you could travel back in time, what time period would you travel to?
- What is your favorite book genre and why?
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring one book with you, which book would you bring?
- What’s the worst book you’ve ever read and why was it so bad?
- Do you read hardcover/paperback copies of books or do you use an eReader and why do you prefer them?
- What’s your favorite type of music and your favorite artist in that genre?
- If you could travel to any fictional place in a book where would you want to go?
- What Hogwarts House were you sorted into (on Pottermore)? If you don’t know then which one do you think you’d be in?
- If you could meet one author who would it be?
- If you had the chance to wipe your memory and reread a book series, which series would you want to re-experience?
- What is your biggest, bookish pet peeve?
If you’ve already been nominated and don’t want to do my questions feel free to skip them!