I was nominated for this award by Ariana over at The Quirky Book Nerd and by Michelle over at Book Adventures. Thanks to both of you! Make sure you guys go over and check out both of these lovely ladies’ blogs!
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
- Answer the 3 original questions and then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
- Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees, I would like for you to think of the light emanating from the stars, the ones that truly touch your soul with their work. The ones that are the light for you; a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
- Please pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions. Answer that first, then answer the 3 new questions from your nominator, and never change the Award rules.
- Please don’t delete this note: The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image, you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award. Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo”
The Original Questions:
1.) If you could meet anyone throughout history, who and why?
Probably J.R.R. Tolkien because I am in love with his creation Middle Earth, I would love to just sit and discuss the magical world he created.
2.) What is your favorite book and why?
I really am incapable of picking one favorite book but I might just have to go with “The Hobbit” by J.R.R. Tolkien. Because as I stated in the previous question I am a total Middle Earth fangirl.
3.) Who is your favorite fiction character from any medium and why?
Once again picking just one is absolutely terribly challenging. I’m going to say that either Iago from Shakespeare’s “Othello” or (predictably) Gandalf from “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings”.
Iago is my all time favorite book villain, he’s deliciously clever and wicked and Gandalf is probably the wisest and most badass character in the history of literature. That’s just my opinion though!
1.) Do you prefer series or standalones?
I adore both but I’d have to say I’d rather read a standalone. Series are great because you get extended adventure but I hate waiting around for all of the books to come out for the series and I really just like reading one full book that ends satisfyingly.
2.) If you could live in any fictional world, which one would it be and why?
Middle Earth, hands down. I don’t think I needed to tell you guys that by now right? It’s my absolute favorite fictional place and I’d love to hang out with every character and fight orcs. That’s right I said it, I wanna go there and fight orcs with Aragorn, Legolas, & Gimli.
3.) What book or series would you recommend to someone who says they don’t like to read, and why would you choose that book or series?
Harry Potter is a pretty obvious choice as well as a good one, otherwise I’d say the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series by Rick Riordan or maybe the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness.
1.) Are you a fangirl of any book? Which is it and why?
“The Hobbit” and I stated why in pretty much every other question on here, haha. I’m a big fan of Middle Earth, period.
2.) If you could go into any bookstore with an unlimited budget, which five books would you walk out with?
As of right now I’d choose:
- “Wolf by Wolf” by Ryan Graudin
- “The Monstrumologist” by Rick Yancey
- “Daughters Unto Devils” by Amy Lukavics
- “The Traitor Baru Cormorant” by Seth Dickinson
- “Wake of Vultures” by Lila Bowen
3.) Choose three characters from your favorite novel and play Marry, Kiss, & Kill.
Well I’ll do Harry Potter characters: George Weasley, Oliver Wood, and Dolores Umbridge.
I would marry George, kiss Oliver, and of course kill Umbridge.
Kind of a loaded question since I could choose my own characters, haha.
My Nominations (I only have five):
Anna @ My Bookish Dream
Alahna @ The Charmed Reader
Nika @ Nika’s Reading List
Sumaya @ Sue’s Reading Corner
Astra @ A Stranger’s Guide To Novels
*** Sorry if any of you have already been nominated! Please don’t feel obligated to answer my questions if you’ve already done this award!***
1.) What is your favorite read of 2015 so far?
2.) What is your most anticipated book release for 2016?
3.) If you were stranded on a desert island and were allowed to bring three books with you, which would you choose?